About the location
Location Evangelisch-Lutherische Kirche Crostau
Address Kirschauer Straße 4, 02681 Crostau
It began with a small chapel in the Upper Lausitz hills where masses were occasionally celebrated. The village of Crostau had a reputation as a haven for thieves until it was apparently destroyed in 1352 by the Upper-Lusatian League of Six Cities. Crostau was first mentioned in official records in 1419. The chapel was enlarged in the 16th century. In 1732, Christian Heinrich von Watzdorf donated an organ to the church. The instrument was built by Gottfried Silbermann, the most celebrated organ builder in central Germany during the Baroque period. The organ was temporarily moved to another location during the construction of a larger church in 1868.
Kirche ist über Rampe und einen separaten Rollstuhleingang zugänglich.
Es wird um vorherige Anmeldung gebeten, da der barrierfreie Eingang erst geöffnet werden muss.