About the location
Location Film-Theater Ebersbach
Address Bahnhofstraße 14, 02730 Ebersbach-Neugersdorf
Ebersbach, in the region where the Spree River has its source, is first mentioned in documents from 1306. With the growth of commercial linen weaving, Ebersbach was incorporated into the city of Zittau in 1597. The Thirty Years War and its aftermath caused great economic disruption, and the linen trade did not recover until the early 18th century, when a period of significant growth began. The Hermann Wünsche textile firm, founded in 1868, employed some 2,000 workers. Ebersbach obtained a municipal charter in 1925 and in 1936 the “Grenzlandlichtspiele” (Borderland Cinema) opened its doors. The theatre is now known as Film-Theater Ebersbach and has since 2009 been operated by the Ebersbacher Film-Theater und Kulturverein.
Kinosaal und Sanitäranlagen barrierefrei zugänglich.