About the location
Location Dorfkirche Cunewalde
Address Kirchweg 1, 02733 Cunewalde
After 13 years of construction, a church was consecrated in Cunewalde on the fourth Advent Sunday in 1793. Today, more than 220 years later, this Baroque structure with three galleries and seating for more than 2,600 guests remains an architectural marvel. It is Germany’s largest Evangelical-Lutheran village church. Its rich interior decorations have been collected over the centuries: the three chandeliers made from Bohemian crystal were first lit on Christmas Eve in 1817, but the oil paintings above the altar date from 1656.