About the location
Location Festsaal Neues Schloss, Bad Muskau
Address Schlossstraße 2, 02953 Bad Muskau
The New Palace in Bad Muskau, with its magnificent ballroom and Neo-Renaissance architecture, is based on earlier buildings on the site much older than the celebrated park created in 1815 by Prince Hermann von Pückler-Muskau: a medieval moated castle and the original palace from 1520-30. The noted architect Karl Friedrich Schinkel designed the impressive ramp leading to the park. Pückler’s plans envisioned the New Palace as the focal point of the park.
Although the grand ballroom in the annex to the New Palace was destroyed by fire at the end of the Second World War, it still retains its regal atmosphere, recalling the glory days of this Neo-Renaissance structure. The un-plastered walls make the room’s history visible without diminishing the festive character of the room. The reconstructed ballroom has space for more than 200 guests attending concerts or lectures. (Text: schlösserland-sachsen.de)
Barrierefreier Zugang via Aufzug