Danner-Halle, Telux-Gelände, Weißwasser

Straße der Einheit 20, 02943 Weißwasser

Calculate route
© Ben Wiesenfarth

About the location

Location Danner-Halle, Telux-Gelände, Weißwasser

Address Straße der Einheit 20, 02943 Weißwasser

Zur Website

When the Jewish industrialist Joseph Schweig moved to Weißwasser in 1881, the town had a population of only 1,000. Schweig originally worked in his brother-in-law’s coal mining company, but soon changed his plans and founded the “Upper Lausitz Glassworks Schweig & Co.”, later known as Telux. In the years of Wilhelminian prosperity, Weißwasser was home to no fewer than 11 glassworks, 5 glass refineries, and 3 brick factories. By 1909, the future Telux company had 900 employees and was the world’s largest technical glass producer. Joseph Schweig became Weißwasser’s mayor in 1915, when the city’s population had grown to approximately 12,000. 

Accessibility

Das Telux-Gelände und die Sanitäranlagen sind barrierefrei.

Productions in Danner-Halle, Telux-Gelände, Weißwasser